Wednesday, October 20, 2004

exercise in point

student and me having a tute in library
student is struggling and gets frustrated
a guy sits at our table
and then he starts laughing at my student

me: what are you laughing at?
guy: nothing
me: then why do you laugh..
guy: nothing.. just funny that's all
me: i don't think that is very nice

me and student return to tute
tute ends
student leaves
i turn to the guy

me: tell me why were you laughing?
guy: well, she was getting frustrated
me: what's so funny about that?
guy: well,
she was getting more and more frustrated
and so it got very funny.
and anyway,
i don't understand why people get tutors in uni anyway...
me: well, maybe she has a disability.
maybe that is why she was getting frustrated.
even though you can't see it,
some people have to deal with alot of things
guy: what disability does she have?
me: that is, none of your business.
you look like a smart guy,
maybe you will survive on your own.
some people are not so lucky you know.
they need a little bit of help.
that is why i said you were being rude
next time if you don't know the other side of the story
maybe you should not laugh
guy: ok, i'm sorry
me: good. nice to meet you
guy: you too

No comments: